Thursday, February 26, 2015

Inspired by...Dina Wakley

It has been awhile since I did an "Inspired by" post so here we are! I have taken a few classes with Dina Wakley. I love her products from stamps, to stencils, & now her newish luscious paints. The stamps & stencils on this page are all Dina's. This art journal page is for DLP wk#5.  Here are the prompts:
January Theme
The Blank Page and How to Face It!
January 31
Art Challenge:  Under Paper (paper on your work table that gets all inky while you work)
Journal Prompt:  What Lies Beneath?


I started this page with foil & washi tape from my desk and added scrapes of Dina's acrylic paint, scratching in it to create some texture. Lots of layers of color here using Dina's products. Once the paint was dry I added my orange leaves using a light layer of paint with stencils. I love how this creates a transparent look & you can see the other layers under neath it. Stamping with archival or white paint and more stencil work. Dina's silhouette stamp was done on tissue paper-one of my favorite techniques. 
 To finish it off came my tag, it had scrap paint already on it. I came up with my own quote to fit the journal prompt, printed it on tissue paper and did a touch of sewing. Lastly I added my scrap stars to the layout- done. Love it!!! Thanks to Dina for creating the cool toys to play with! You can find her blog http://dinastamps.typepad.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...