Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ski Time

Just loving this great Bo Bunny paper! This 2 page layout that I did for ScrapbooksPlus DTeam, has lots of technique on it. First I printed my journaling directly on my photo. I cut out a chipboard pine tree & painted it with Glimmer Glam, than stamped a flourish on it with Staz-On. Flocking was glued on for snow. The snow flake trim was cut with a punch.
The large snow flake was stamped using a Tattered Angels stamp & cut out, with some Prima bling in the center. The elements were then layered on the page.
The large snow flake is made using a technique Tim used in his "12 tags of Christmas" this year. It starts by covering chipboard with THoltz tissue tape, cutting it out using a Sizzix die, & covering it with alcohol ink. This technique creates a rich bright multicolored surface. The tape tends to start to pull off so cover the surface with stickles to add glitter & help glue the tape down. Bling was put in the center.
Glimmer Mist works great on crepe tissue so I sprayed multiple colors of blue & purple on the white tissue. Once dry I put a strip of scor-tape down on the layout & gathered the crepe as I stuck it down. I added ribbons & some bling & brads. Heat embossed, stamped snow flakes are scattered over the layout. I love using this technique as it really makes your stamps-pop! The title was added by painting chipboard with a silver dauber by Ranger. Finally chipboard accents by Prima were added.
This was a fun layout to create. Now go get inky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...