Thursday, November 26, 2015

Eileen Hull"s Needlebook Art Journal Fun

Hi and Happy Thanksgiving weekend!!!! I hope your turkey is tender, your family fun and you make some great memories. In July I had the privilege of traveling on Paper Trail 6 with Eileen Hull. If you come back Saturday I will share a funny adventure from that crazy fun filled trip!
This is one of the sample's I made for the Paper Arts Show in July with Eileen's die cuts by Sizzix. Eileen has a large range of awesome dies both steel rule and thinlets. Two of my favorites are the Square Box and Needle Book dies. I used them to make an art journal book collection. *The magic of Eileen's dies is they both cut & score your material and can be used with very sturdy mat board. Basically the bends are created (scored) when your board is cut using the dies and makes assemble easy and your project sturdy.
 Here is my finished project. I am tempted to add some flowers and bling to the box but that thought is just marinating for the time being. I used the cube die and ran it through embossing folders before putting it together.To create a box instead of a cube, I simply left off the top - tada!
Each of my journals were made using the wonderful Needle Book die. Seriously love this die! As I love all things inky each book used a different technique which I carried through that book. 
This one for example was comprised of gelliprint papers. I art journaled each page using some of my favorite stamps. 
Taking paper signatures I bound my books with wax linen and added beads either on the threads left dangling or directly on the spine. An awesome paper to use is Rendr paper by Crescent. It has the ability to prevent bleed through to the other side- that is right no need to gesso your page first! 110 LB weight it is truly a wonder that even a wet spray ink does not bleed through.
 
My covers were each different in structure using either modeling past, embossing folder or stencil but all with Glimmer Mist sprays by Tattered Angels. Each cover is sprayed with a different color combo yet together they look fabulous!! I hope you enjoyed my tutorial & be sure to tune in Saturday when I share a fun story form PaperTrail6!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...