Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Tree Hugger

Ah March the time when it becomes glaringly apparent that despite carefully laid plans I have taken on more than I have time for. Of course this is in the form of what I want to do as far as art goals...like keep up with DLP...spring in my house is one of ramping up chaos. The sports have started, rehearsals for the spring musical are in full swing, my taxi driver hat is firmly on my head, my lacrosse goalie coaching stick in my van, and it is the perfect time to panic that I won't be ready for the 115+ student drama camp I am organizing. I have decided to trudge on with the realization that one day fairly soon (as one of my most active kids goes to collage in the fall) I will have absolutely no kid activities on my agenda so I better enjoy it. In that spirit I present Documented Life Project Week 7 drum roll please!
February Theme
Layers You Will Love!
February 14
Art Challenge:  Cover Up Good Stuff
Journal Prompt:  Going Undercover

 I love birch trees and miss seeing them everywhere I go. Spring break 2013 we skied Mt. St. Sauveur, surrounded by birch. The hills were empty, the snow powdered and my happiness extreme. I knew I needed a picture taken with my favorite so I trekked off the trail to get this shot- that is my "undercover" journal prompt. Literal translation-undercover of the trees, undercover- layers of clothing, or secretly going off the trail. What really inspired this page was my under layer- as in "undercover"... see how I do that?
My page started with this birch covered napkin and grew from there. This was the art part- cover up the good stuff, which started out as hard cause I like the napkin but I managed to keep some of it showing through. I really wanted the photo on the layout. My favorite parts of this page are the modeling paste circles with silver metallic paint, the embedded beads, and the charcoal highlighted tree die cuts.
Also & I realize this is silly but I LOVE tabs- I finally get to stick my February tab on my page. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love the trees in modeling paste - the beads are an awesome touch! gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...