Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Feeling Holtzy

Working on my art journal page for A Year in the Life of an Art Journal-yay for me. The challenge is Artsy Fartsy- (no problem), and draw a picture of your coffee cup. Drawing is not one of my favorite things although it is on the list of things to learn so away I went. I started with a printed copy of an unfinished art journal background and than drew away. I love how it turned out & that my cup doesn't totally suck! 
  My art journal background ended up being too busy, the cup got lost, so I did a heavier wash with gesso behind it which solved the problem. Once the cup was adhered it was outlined with oil pastel than smeared (love this look, also done on the sun). The page ended up with lots of Tim's stamps on it. When I started I wanted to put the phrase "coffee, please Jeeves" and have the man stamp on it. As the page progressed I changed that idea and just have the stamp quote "caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin" on my cut out sun. The man was stamped with distress paint, colored with stain and stamped with background stamps again with archival ink. I love the colors of this page they are very vibrant. What are you working on today?

2 comments:

  1. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...