Friday, February 1, 2013

Follow Up Friday #2

It is a cold & blustery day here today in VA we are having crazy weather- 71o one day & 2 days later 27o (with a feels like of 11o) - what???? Anyway... I absolutely can not believe it has been a month already since my 1st Follow Up Friday which you can see here. Basically the theme of this monthly post is to do a project or technique that I have been wanting to do but just haven't gotten around to.

I was working on an art journal page and trying to figure out what to do for today's post when much to my happy surprise I was already working on it. I have been lurking, stalking, following but not joining in to  A Year in the Life of an Art Journal. I would read the emails and nod - nice idea and move on to my life. My goal this year is to submit more and this is the first place I am starting. I have started a new journal just for this project, yay, excited face. I am using a Moleskin Folio A4 sketchbook that my husband thoughtfully bought me. The prompts are every 15th & 30th of the month. I am a few days late getting this done but all forward movement counts!

The first prompt is New Year's Resolutions or one word. A lot of artists, sites...choose 1 word to represent the year. The idea is to strive toward or focus on that word as we all improve ourselves for next year. I am still working on doing this for the first time so I chose Resolutions. I also did not read-all the words- but they have an art journal idea as well and this prompts was to use watercolor and salt. Opps I will pay more attention next prompt!  

 Here is my Resolutions page. I started with multiple stencil images and modeling paste. Once dry, I made an acrylic spray for the background and added in Claudine Hellmouths Studio paints blending and shading with my fingers. I made an interesting discovery- spray mists do not work well on top of this paint. Normally I do not have problems using craft acrylic paint & than spritzing with a stencil either dylusions or glimmer mist. I am guessing the studio paints create a different finish and the mists run much more with this paint making the stencil image blurry. Interesting. I added some stamped border images coloring in with souffle pens. The text is THoltz's word play & Prima paper highlighted with oil pastel-love using that technique. I wanted tags on this page so I put them together and stamped a journal box to write my resolutions. The tag was spritzed a bit with glimmer mist. My favorite part of this piece is the clock, one of Tim's new stamps.
  I colored it and used glossy accents to highlight bits of it. Finally I added my year. It too was colored and covered in glossy accents- you can't see by the photo but it is glossy and luscious.

Very excited to work on my next page is this book which conveniently the prompt we on the 30th so I can! I guess there are benefits to being slightly behind! What are you working on today?

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! This turned great! Love all the texture...and the border...and the clock stamp...and the colors. Love.It.All.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your page! One of my favorite color themes... but so much more! The texture... all of it. Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Year in the Life of an Art Journal!! I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...